Our Friends over at Build San Antonio Green have a job opening on the market!
Build San Antonio Green Field Observation Associate
Build San Antonio Green is looking for an entry level-full time Field Observation Associate to assist the Director of Certification and Certification Associate in the verification process in the Certification of Green Homes.
Essential Duties & Tasks
- Perform site observations in consultation with Director of Certification & Certification Associate in San Antonio and surrounding areas
- Report and keep record of site observations
- Assist with plan review and data tracking of projects submitted for certification
- Assist builders at every stage of the certification process
- Assist with management of BSAG projects database through FileMaker as needed
- Participate in outreach events such as booth, festivals, and conferences
- Promotion of BSAG’s activities
- And Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of Code as amended and adopted by the City of San Antonio.
- Knowledge of design and construction techniques used primarily in single-family structures.
- Knowledge of advancements in building science and developments in energy efficiency and green building materials.
- Knowledge of local and federal rebates and incentives for energy and water conservation.
- Knowledge of the equipment and techniques used in the testing of residential structures and their systems.
- Knowledge of ENERGY STAR for Homes as well as other green building and energy rating standards.
- Knowledge of REM/Rate and other energy rating software is preferable.
- Ability to communicate, both written and orally, with building professionals and the general public.
- Knowledge of Windows Office software including Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with FileMaker or other database maintenance software.
- Desire to stay current with emerging industry trends and practices.
- Project management experience with ability to operate under minimal supervision.
- Ability to learn quickly and act as a member of a team.
- May need to receive technical training as a RESNET HERS Field Inspector and to receive additional certifications in Building Science and Solar Energy as needed.
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements
Education and/or Equivalent Experience
- RESNET Energy Rater or RESNET Rating Field Inspector certification preferred
- 2+ years required experience in residential construction or related field
- College education in Construction Management preferred but not required
- Transportation Required
If you are interested in the offer, please contact Lina Luque by either email <firstname.lastname@example.org> or phone (210) 224-7278.